In a dream world, all decadent snack foods would taste as good as a candy bar with none of the guilt attached. Luckily, snack size FITCRUNCH® bars are pretty darn close and stop chocolate cravings in their tracks with 16g of quality protein and only 3g of sugar, they make the perfect on-the-go snack!
Yet, sometimes it can be fun to get in the kitchen and throw together a recipe that feeds your belly, pleases your cravings, and keeps you honest in regards to your nutrition. If you’re looking for a quick beach-ready snack recipe, try making our Summer Crunch Trail Mix.
Summer Crunch Trail Mix
- Start with packages of peanuts, pistachios, almonds, and walnuts. Mix all inside of a large bowl.
- Add in flavored granola crunches (found in the cereal or grain section of your favorite healthy food store). Flavors typically include: chocolate, vanilla, cinnamon, and honey.
- Throw in 2 to 3 cups each of dried raisins, dried strawberries, and dried bananas.
- Add in 1 cup of pumpkin seeds, flax seeds, and sunflower seeds.
- Top it off with chopped up dark chocolate or supplement with your favorite FITCRUNCH® bar.
Having this snack on hand for everyday hustle and bustle is a sure-fire way to keep your protein intake high, boost your body with healthy fats, and stock up on necessary minerals such as magnesium, manganese, zinc, and potassium.
You’ll love the taste too! So, make this summer easy on yourself and stay on track with your healthy lifestyle goals.